Compensation: $120,000-$140,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Medical
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Director of Construction will oversee and supervise both the office and field teams during all phases of construction. These teams consist of: Estimator & Project Engineer, Project Coordinator, Site Superintendent and Leads, and a currently being developed Project Manager role. The Director of Construction will focus on improving and maintaining our management structure, internal communication, project oversight, and team development. This position is a leadership role, requiring both knowledge of construction means and methods, construction management, and oversight of a team-based construction structure.
Ability to work with people from a broad range of backgrounds is essential.
This position will report directly to the two owners and work in parallel with our administrative and financial team. This position requires fluency in various software applications and internet platforms, including construction management software, smartsheet, excel, google suite.
List of responsibilities:
- Strategize operations to maximize financial margins for the construction division of Plum
- Hold staff accountable to perform to the specifications of project documents and company directives
- Develop and oversee processes, management teams, construction staff
- Mentor and develop staff, and check in with staff regularly
- Evaluate and improve performance according to financial and project metrics
- Oversee employee evaluation and reviews
- Conduct weekly project meetings, provide effective leadership to project team
- Monthly check-ins individually with clients and architects to gauge Plum’s performance and communication, and address as necessary
- Delegating responsibilities to ensure the construction teams are adequately performing the following:
- Compliance of safety protocols
- Onboarding, training and developing employees
- Project partners (clients and project architects) are being communicated with weekly and their needs are being met
- Ensure staff is updating project schedules, budgets, RFI’s and CO’s and communicated weekly
- Recruitment, hiring of new staff
- Take part and present information at monthly Directors meetings with owners and directors of other Plum divisions (Shop, Design & Finance)
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below.
Plum Projects is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants.